Wednesday, September 08, 2004

the winds of thor are blowing cold

part 2 of the phone card saga. yesterday my mom volunteered to take the card with me over to the cingular store in the western hills plaza to talk to them about my problem. well once there the guy said there was nothing they could do about it (surprise surprise) because they don't make the cards, some company called fastweb or something does. so he told us we should go back to target and talk to a manager. so we go back and talk to todd the manager. at first it seems like he's going to put forth a half-hearted effort into resolving the problem and just tell us "sorry" if things got too difficult. to my shock, the guy spends a good 40 minutes hunting for the phone number to the downtown cingular office, getting the number for the fastweb people, discussing the problem with fastweb, and then getting them to add the $30 to my phone. i have to admit, i was extremely impressed and he won me back as a target customer.

of course, from now on i'll make sure to only add money to my phone online instead.

No comments: