Tuesday, August 30, 2005

no one sings me lullabies

one thing i've been slowly but steadily trying to reign in is my horrible reliance on materialism. i spend way too much time looking for new things i want, and then convincing myself i need to get whatever new cd, dvd, or video game i think i need. and its really because i just enjoy the feeling of having new things. once i get something, its not even uncommon for me to hardly use it. for example, i still have a lot left to play in jade empire and san andreas, and yet i found myself wondering over the past couple weeks whether or not i should buy battlefield 2. i don't spend much time playing the games i already have, and yet i almost came close to convincing myself that i need to get that game. there's way more important things to use my money on, like stuff other than my own personal comfort and amusement. speaking of which, go help out all those poor folks in new orleans. the pictures on the news were insane. the whole place looks like its underwater.

i need to stop spending so much time at the computer. between sitting at one all day at work and then coming home and using it more, my back is killing me. although my back also hurts just about every morning when i get up, so that can't be helping.

No comments: