Thursday, February 16, 2006

just one man beneath the sky

way too much school work going on. trying to finish my paper for moral & political ideas due tomorrow. kicking myself for how little research i've done towards my huge history paper on the battle of stalingrad due in one week. plus another world literature essay, a class a despise, due next wednesday on things i don't have the time or inclination to read.

navigators key laborers conference is this weekend. i'm looking forward to it because last year was really good, but having all this hanging over my head is going to be a drag. plus that means i won't get any work done on my papers this weekend.

work is as much of a pain as ever. the actually work itself hasn't been too bad, but this whole impending layoff thing is annoying. it seems we officially are going to have the opportunity to accept a severance package, so i'd just like to do that and get on with it. but they're saying we're still going to work 90 days after they give us official layoff notice, and that hasn't even happened yet. so i've got a job for another three months, which then throws my class schedule into disarray for next quarter. and there's the possibility of a schedule bid (which means a different schedule than what i have now, and less control over what my schedule is) and a reduction of hours. i wish they'd get it all over with.

No comments: