Thursday, September 21, 2006

big black hole gonna eat me up someday

After the number of injuries the Bengals sustained against the Browns, its difficult to not be pessimistic about this Sunday's showdown in Pittsburgh. David Pollack is lost for the season and Rich Braham, Dexter Jackson, and Tab Perry have all been ruled out for this week. I think we've been jinxed after bragging about having the deepest wide receiver group in the NFL, as Chad Johnson, Kelley Washington, and the newly signed off the practice squad Reggie McNeal are our only uninjured receivers. Chris Henry is listed as probable on the injury report and should play, T.J. is questionable and I have a bad feeling he won't play, Antonio Chatman is doubtful, and Perry is out. So we may have only four active receivers Sunday.

Pittsburgh's offense played horrible on Monday night, but that doesn't make me feel much better for this week. In fact, I'm not sure I want to play them after an embarrassing loss like that. I have no doubt that we can beat them, but it won't be easy; the offensive line will have to protect Carson and open holes for Rudi, and the defense will have to not give up big plays to Willie Parker, Hines Ward, and Heath Miller.

Going up to Columbus tonight to see Tool. Apparently they canceled their show on Tuesday due to an illness in the band, but no such news so far for tonight...

No comments: