Sunday, October 15, 2006

angry walls that steal the air

Wow, I never knew that you weren't allowed to tackle the quarterback in football. A roughing the passer call because we sacked the quarterback?! I've said it before and I'll say it again, referee calls need to be reviewed by a committee every week, and refs need to be fined for terrible calls. Poor officiating cost Seattle the Super Bowl last year and it cost the Bengals the game today. Yes, the Bengals played poorly anyway, but there is no doubt in my mind that Tampa Bay would not have scored had the Bengals not been called for that ridiculous personal foul. The Buccaneer touchdown call itself was a tough call and I could see it going either way. That being said, since it was ruled an incomplete pass, I don't know that there was enough evidence to overturn that call from the video. But that roughing the passer penalty was an inexcusable call, and ultimately decided the game.

What a horrible weekend for sports.

No comments: