Thursday, January 04, 2007

my head is unraveling

The new quarter of school has begun and my first impression is that it should be better than last quarter. My "Communism in Europe" and "U.S. & WWII" classes both look the most promising. I don't have my "Writing Columns and Reviews" class till tomorrow night, but hopefully that will be worth taking. Maybe it'll help my writing on here. My Spanish class only had five people in it which does not make me optimistic for that class. I also started the my two-quarter history senior seminar, and although the subject matter we're dealing with isn't something I'm too interested in- spiritualism in the 1800s (meaning things like psychics and talking to spirits, not religion and spirituality) - I do like the professor. I also like the way my schedule is set up: on Monday and Friday I have class 10-12, Tuesday I have nothing, Thursday I only have a night class 6:30-9. Wednesday is the sole exception, when I have class 10-12, 3-5:20, and then 6:30-9. I set it up that way to give myself time to work on every day but Wednesday. The problem is that the whole finding a job thing hasn't panned out so far. But since I don't have a job right now I hope I can use all that free time to get some of the many things I done that I didn't do over break and get ahead on my work for this quarter, which there will be a lot of.

I often have trouble getting a good, full night of sleep. I'm much more of a night person and not a morning person at all (you can tell by the fact that only one posting in the last month has been done before midnight). Which explains why I'm up at 3am, even though I have to take Austin to the airport tomorrow morning. Over break I think there were very few nights that I went to bed before 2 or 3 in the morning and I don't remember having much trouble sleeping at all. Last night I went to bed earlier (granted, it was still around 1) and didn't get to sleep for at least an hour. I'll admit it could have been due to some nervousness/anxiety over the new quarter starting. Once I start going to bed around midnight, we'll see how my sleeping compares to when I go to bed later.

Speaking of Austin, the reason he's going to the airport is because he'll be in Chile (and Argentina a little) for the rest of January. The Asylum won't be the same this month without him.

I think it's astonishing that Child's Play has almost raised $1 million this year. What a fantastic cause. They're making a final push to try and reach the seven-digit mark, so if you have any inclination towards helping out, do so now!

Still working on the Davie Awards. I don't continual mention them with the intent to build them up into something glorious, because there's not going to be much to them. I'm just waiting because there's one or two more things I'd like to watch or play first. I think I'm starting to ramble, and I do need to get some sleep before morning.

No comments: