Monday, March 03, 2008

ghosts

After a couple weeks of cryptic messages via the Nine Inch Nails website, the announcement was made last night that the newest NIN record--a thirty-six track instrumental double album entitled Ghosts I-IV--was available now online, by way of a high-quality digital download, along with a number of different purchasing options for a physical product (ranging from $5 to $300). The music is copyrighted under a non-commercial Creative Commons license, meaning individuals are free to use the music for anything they want as long as there is no profit involved. So far the record sounds amazing; a combination of previous NIN efforts like The Fragile, Still, and Year Zero. Yet again Trent Reznor has proven himself to be the most innovative figure in the music industry.

---
I've been trying to keep my expectations low for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but the new trailer actually looks promising. Normally that would be good news, but it's probably just getting my hopes up so they can be let down when Shia LaBeouf ruins the movie. Either way, I know The Dark Knight and
WALL-E will make up for it.

2 comments:

Justin Hall said...

ZOMG, Ghosts is good. it's like the album i always wanted. four of them. part of me kind of wishes he would have released them one volume at a time over the course of a month or two, it's so much to digest all in one gulp...

Davie said...

Oh man, I've loving it. I agree about releasing it over time, it's too much to take in at once. I have to keep listening to it over and over to absorb it all. I'm so glad he went back to the Fragile-esque instrumentals. They've always been my favorite.