Thursday, December 08, 2005

goin' out west where the wind blows tall

it never really dawned on me until the past few months have much of a night person i am. i always new i wasn't a morning person; i have a hard time getting up in the morning and could sleep past noon every day of the week. i always feel tired and never do i feel well-rested, no matter how much sleep i get. but considering how tired i always feel, its a little surprising how late i'll stay up.

i could probably stay up till at least 3am every night. its not that i don't feel tired, because i do. but there's always something i want to do, something i want to get done. i never feel like i have enough time normally anyway, and i'd have even less if i started going to bed earlier. i rarely actually sleep in late for that same reason; i feel like i'm wasting my time. part of me wants to go to bed early and sleep in late, only because every day i really hate how tired i feel. but the other part of me just can't be forced to go to bed at a reasonable time. during the quarter, no matter how much i wanted to and tried, it seemed like i could never get to bed before midnight. look at me right now: i finished my last paper of the quarter and emailed it to my prof tonight (well ahead of my noon deadline tomorrow, w00t), but i'm still up. actually, i was already to go to bed when i decided to blog about how hard it can be for me to go to bed. its a viscious cycle. but seeing as i can't sleep in past noon tomorrow (or most days) because i have to be at work by then, i had better get to bed now.

No comments: