Thursday, December 29, 2005

hymns sound so good to him

my car transmission was acting up again. needless to say i wasn't too happy about that, since it was just replaced in may, but it sounds like there was just a faulty seal. the mechanic is going to check and make sure there isn't any permanent damage to the transmission. so it sounds like it probably isn't as good as i was afraid it might have been. just another one of those things that makes me wish i knew more about cars.

i got sick again last night. it was the third time since i've moved out that i've randomly got sick to my stomach once and then been fine. i think my stomach is hating me for the diet i've put it on since i moved out on my own. even though i eat less fast food than i used to, all i eat is mainly microwavable burritos, hamburgers, and pizzas. plus i'm not balancing the crappy food with good homecooked meals like i used to. i think my body is hating me for it. i need to start eating more fruits and vegetables (besides large quantities of apple sauce) and cut down on all the crap. calling in sick to work was enjoyable, though.

i'm getting my fill of video games in this week with jess in florida. i got sid meier's pirates! finally for christmas. i was hoping that it would be close to the 1987 version, but its even better. once again, sid meier found a way to package smack into the form of a computer game. between this and civ4, i can probably kiss this quarter of school goodbye.

the bengals-bills game was obviously disappointing. my luck with attending great bengals' victories seems to have expired this year, but at least we won one of the three games i went to. i don't really care what happens this week at kansas city. i think we should just keep our starters fresh and healthy. my opinion is that it doesn't matter whether we're the 3rd or 4th seed in the playoffs. if we play our best, we can beat anyone we'd play; if we play like we did against buffalo, we'll lose to anyone we face.

get ready, your 2005 davie awards will be coming soon. *yawn*

No comments: