Thursday, June 15, 2006

there is a game i play

The US team already has their backs up against the wall after an utterly pathetic 0-3 loss to the Czech Republic on Monday. Now every match is a must-win if they want to have a chance of advancing to the second round. Hopefully they'll go into the game Saturday against Italy playing like it's the do-or-die situation that it is. Brazil looked a little less than impressive in their 1-0 victory, but I think they'll pick up the pace. Ronaldinho and Kaka played well, but Ronaldo has been heavily criticized for his slow performance. I'm hoping I get to see them play on Sunday. I'll be following the England vs. Trinidad & Tobago game at work today (ESPN has a good online live matchcast that I've been using at work), and after Trinidad's great play against Sweden for the draw, I have to root for them to upset the Brits. Germany continues to dominate, and I'm probably not the only one who found the Germany beating Poland match ironic/amusing (insert history reference here).

Work is slow. We're going to get supervisor calls from the Convergys employees that took our jobs. I haven't taken any yet, but I know others have. Other than that, we just take random calls, mostly in Baby Care or Beauty Care (the two areas I know least about). I'm meeting with someone on June 29 to get the actual details on my severance package, so it will be good to find that out so I can decide what I want to do for later in the summer.

Spring quarter was one of my busiest between my job and heavy work load from one or two classes. I ended up doing a lot better than I expected, with a 3.8 GPA for the quarter. That's probably my highest yet.

Since we aren't planning on getting a land line for our new house in September, I'm in the market for a new cell phone and plan. My old phone has served me well (it's lasted over 3 1/2 years) but I should have retired the prepaid service long ago. With no land line, I'll want a cell phone with a good plan, voicemail, and good service. The problem is I don't really know what phone or service to go with. If anyone has any good phone, plan, or service provider recommendations, let me know.

No comments: