Sunday, July 09, 2006

light a roman candle and hold it in your hand

I'm still not completely over whatever cold or virus I came down with this week. Started off as a bad headache and a sore throat, and the past few days it's been a bad cough and lots of congestion in my head and chest. I still have a sore throat too, although I think it's mostly because my nose is too congested when I sleep, so I breathe through my mouth all night.

UFC 61 was actually pretty disappointing last night. The first fight was rediculous, only because Yves Edwards got a huge gash on the top of his head, which proceeded to gush everywhere. It was easily the bloodiest fight I've ever seen. Amazingly they waited until the end of the round to stop the fight. The Ortiz - Shamrock fight started out very fast, and looked to be an entertaining bout, but it just ended too fast. The Sylvia - Arlovski rematch was probably the most boring title fight I've ever seen. It went all five rounds without a lot of action, and Arlovski didn't even get the Heavyweight belt back. He just looked too cautious the whole fight
.

No comments: