Sunday, July 02, 2006

sunday morning coming down

I've been procrastinating lately when it's come to updating. No real reason, other than that I'm lazy. Last Sunday we went to Riverbend and saw Lynyrd Skynyrd for Dougie's birthday. Actually, it was 3 Doors Down and Skynyrd, but no one cares about them. We had fun mocking 3 Doors Down and Skynyrd was great. They played most of the songs I'd want to hear, like "That Smell", "Simple Man", "Gimme Back My Bullets", "Three Steps", and of course "Freebird". It was a fun show, even if I couldn't really see anything.

Tim and Elly are back in town for the week. We got to hang out with them some last night, and we're having Tim's birthday party today.

I'm still sad about Brazil losing to France. They just did not play well. France, on the other hand, was on fire. After not doing well in the Group stage, they are peaking at just the right time. It kind of reminds me of Pittsburgh's run to the Super Bowl, except that France didn't have to take a cheap shot on anyone to win. And I'd take the French over the Steelers any day.

Speaking of the World Cup, when Austin and I were walking over to UC to watch the Germany - Argentina game, we walked around the corner from our apartment and almost tripped over a guy passed out sleeping (or dead?) on the sidewalk at 11 am in the morning. Only in Corryville. That was a great game though, and it went all the way to penalty kicks. And how about that Portuguese keeper in Penalty Kicks yesterday against England? Four shots, and he guessed the right way to dive every time. He made three saves, and the one that went in he still got a hand on, but it was hit so hard it went in anyway. So now we have Germany - Italy and Portugal - France in the semifinals. With Brazil getting upset, I'm pulling for Germany all the way. Not sure who I want to win the other game. I like Portugal's Ronaldo, but it's hard not to pull for France with as good as they are playing now (Zidane is so fun to watch).

Superman Returns came out this past weekend. The previews looked pretty good, but I'm just so tired of superhero movies. There have been some great ones, but they all have such similar themes (great responsibility, feelings of isolation, etc.) that I am bored with them. Same reason why I didn't see X-Men 3.

Is it September yet? I can't wait to get into our new house. Our apartment is nice, except it's way too hot in here. I have a window air conditioner but A.) It doesn't work well and B.) When it runs it randomly makes noises that sound like gravel getting thrown into metal. I think something is getting kicked around inside of it. So the debate is whether I want to not sleep well because my room is too hot or because my air conditioner is making crazy noises. But the main reason I can't wait to get out of here is Corryville. This place sucks. It's too noisy, too dirty, too unsafe, too noisy, and not quiet. It is amazing how much less noise there is over at our new place.

Nine Inch Nails in Indianapolis tomorrow with Dougie. It's going to be amazing...

No comments: