Friday, May 04, 2007

standing in the sun i'm about to melt

I remember now why I rarely go to bed earlier than 1am; went to bed about 45 minutes early tonight, woke up at 3am, and I've been up since. Tried going back to sleep but my back kept hurting, so I decided I might as well just get up for now. I'm debating if I should try to go back to sleep or just sleep after class tomorrow morning.

I'm disappointed with Prilosec OTC. I had been getting heartburn five or six times a week, multiple times a day, so I thought I'd try one of their 14 day treatments. The stuff was fantastic while I was taking it. The heartburn stopped after the first couple days and never came back. Unfortunately, less than a week after I finished the two weeks of taking it the heartburn already started coming back. It's supposed to last for several months, so I may call the good ol' Procter and Gamble customer service line and ask for my money back.

I need to get back to the rec again. The last time I lifted weights I was sore for almost a week but it felt great and I really needed it. I went running yesterday and I remembered why I just can't run for exercise anymore. I can't go more than ten minutes before my lungs start burning uncontrollably. The inhaler my allergy doctor helps a little, but not enough to let me run unhindered. He wants me to come in for another lung function test before I graduate. Maybe I'll be officially diagnosed with asthma this time instead of just falling short of it. There's a goal...

Sorry if this has been whiny, but what do you expect at 4:30am on three hours of sleep?

No comments: