Saturday, May 12, 2007

washed me so far away

The rumors online say that NBC has renewed Scrubs for a shorter, 18-episode 7th season. Awesomeness. The 6th season may have been a little sub-par compared to previous seasons, but it is still one of the best shows on television.

The Office has been great in its 3rd season; in fact, this may have been the best season yet. However, I'm getting really tired of Pam. She was cool in the first two seasons, but now she's just mopey and annoying. Obviously the writers wanted people to root for Pam and Jim to get together, but now they brought Karen into the mix, who ends up being a more likable character than Pam. I think the writers made a mistake by giving Jim such a likable girlfriend like Karen. If they wanted viewers to still cheer on Jim and Pam getting together, they shouldn't have made Karen such a nice person. They ended up making Karen too likable for their own good; I for one would like to just see Pam move on. However, I don't think that is going to happen.

Based on last week's episode (SPOILER WARNING for last week's show), my prediction is that Karen will get the job with corporate that Jim, Karen, and Michael are applying for, removing her from the picture. Although I doubt they would let Pam and Jim just get together without any more roadblocks; the ever-present love triangle is one of their biggest drama points. I, for one, enjoy the show more when they don't play up the romance drama, but I don't think a lot of the audience (at least, not the female portion of it) agrees. Pam was a fun character the first two seasons, so maybe she'll go back to that if Jim becomes available again. I also think there's a possibility that there might be a big surprise plot twist involving Michael and Jan. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Jan is pregnant, but that is a completely blind guess on my part, and I'm probably 100% wrong.

No comments: