Tuesday, July 10, 2007

the hardest button to button

No, I'm not dead. It's been two weeks since I've updated (and even then just with a new layout), but I've just been busy with work. That, and I doesn't feel like I have too much to write about.

I watched Letters From Iwo Jima the other day. It was a really good--but very somber--film. Not the movie to watch if you're looking for something to brighten your day. Next on my list are Flags of Our Fathers, The Bourne Supremacy, Blade Runner (never seen the whole thing), and Dr. Strangelove. Pixar's new movie, Ratatouille, has received great reviews, so I'd like to see that soon too. Despite the good things I've heard about Transformers from most people, I'm still indifferent about seeing it.

The new Smashing Pumpkins album did not disappoint. Zeitgeist can't measure up to most of their older albums, but most of the songs are surprisingly good. It's a very aggressive album; at times it is reminiscent of Machina and the heavier parts of Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie. Worth picking up if you're a fan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing you need to update is your profile. You ARE NOT a senior at UC. You're not unemployed. The rest I leave to you to decide.

Davie said...

Done. ;)