Thursday, January 17, 2008

an occupation to stand alone

Mark Lanegan--the grunge legend of The Screaming Trees and his own solo career--is commencing a tour in support of his newest act, the Gutter Twins in March. Lanegan is probably one of my all time favorite singers (we'll call him a poor man's Tom Waits, but that doesn't quite do him justice), and it was just announced that the closest he'll be to Cincinnati is in Chicago on March 7th and Cleveland on the 12th. Who wants to go to one of those shows with me? I'd really love to see Mark in concert at some point. We'll call it a birthday present to me if you come along with me (and no, I'm not asking anyone to pay for me and I'll drive). Considering the obscurity of the band, I'm not expecting tickets to cost too much.

**Never mind, if I could read I'd see that the closest he'll be will be the Southgate House in Newport on March 11th. I'm totally going, even if it is by myself. Now you don't even have to commit to a road trip to go along with me.

***Yep, tickets are $15. I'm there.

11 comments:

Rob said...

I'D LOVE TO GO!

Davie said...

Liar!

Davie said...

Jess already said she'd go with me, so nobody needs to feel like I'm guilt-tripping them into going. Anyone who actually WANTS to go is more than welcome.

dougie said...

I still feel like your guilt-tripping me into going.

Anonymous said...

hey doug, i feel like "your" really bad at grammer.

dougie said...

hey jess, my "grammer" is better than your spelling...or at least equal to

Davie said...

Doug, I actually think you might enjoy it. And you never hang out with me any more anyway (NOW I'm guilt-tripping you).

Rob said...

well played, douglas...

how dare you call me a liar!

Anonymous said...

haha, well-played, douglas. well-played indeed...

Davie said...

I bought two tickets today. All the tickets are General Admission, so anyone that wants to come still can.

Davie said...

Dougie's in.