Friday, February 22, 2008

got me reaching for the moon

I've never been one for New Year's resolutions, but I decided this year that I needed to do more reading. The stacks of books I own and haven't gotten around to reading have continued to grow steadily, and I keep adding more books I don't own to my reading list. I also have made a habit out of reading as many as five or six different books at a time without finishing all of them. So I set the goal for myself this year that I would read thirty books in 2008. Now is the ideal time for me to catch up on my reading since I'm working part time and not doing a heck of a lot else.

So far I've been very impressed with my progress; I've read six books in under two months. Those books include Catcher in the Rye, Timeline, Choke, The Cardinal of the Kremlin, The Alchemist and Touching From a Distance. The next one to be finished will be Brennan Manning's Ragamuffin Gospel. Having read nearly seven books in the first two months, I've considered upping my goal to forty-five books rather than the original thirty. My only complaint is that I seem to oscillate between voraciously reading an entire book within a few days time and then not reading anything for nearly a week. I'd like to see myself getting more into a habit of reading a couple chapters of one or two books every single day.

1 comment:

Rob said...

lol...i'm glad you've taken to creating blog posts to complement yourself :).

Six books, eh? That's a lot of reading time.