Monday, February 11, 2008

the song in your ear or the book in your hand



I'm much more comfortable with Barack Obama's take on the relationship between religion and politics than I am with someone like Mike Huckabee's. It's refreshing to see someone who professes to be a Christian focusing on social justice issues, rather than just beating on issues like gay marriage and intelligent design in schools over and over and over. I am disappointed by his pro-choice views, but when was the last time a pro-life candidate really made a strong effort to do something about abortion anyway?

I really don't understand how the Democrats are so stupid that they'd even consider nominating Hillary Clinton over Obama. I've always been honest about Ron Paul's incredibly slim chance of getting elected (despite his enormous popularity on the internet), and there is no way I could vote for someone like John McCain--who openly supports continuing the war in Iraq for another one hundred years--so I can only hope that the Democrats realize what a horrible idea it would be to nominate Clinton. After Ron Paul, in my mind Barack Obama seems to be the only other electable candidate.

(For some reason the video seems to overlap the sidebar when I view the page in Firefox, but it is normal size in Internet Explorer)

3 comments:

Rob said...

to about abortion?

Davie said...

Sorry about the typo, Robby. Fixed.

Anonymous said...

Very nice point. I've link your blog post.