Sunday, February 22, 2004

m-m-m-monster kill!

Oh man, the Unreal Tournament 2004 demo is freakin' AMAZING! I'm serious, this thing easily has the potential to be better that Halo for multiplayer goodness. All the beautiful stuff from the original UT are back, like Assault (which is one gameplay mode Halo is sorely missing). It brought back sweet memories about how much I loved the original Assault maps. The new Onslaught mode was a blast with bots (I haven't played the demo with humans yet, bots are a lot less immature.

The vehicles are all new to UT in this version, and were all a blast. All are easy to control, except I couldn't quite get a handle on the flying vehicle, the Raptor. I can't wait to get to use the space fighters. Granted, they do feel a little ripped-off from Halo, but there's more variety, and easily as fun.

Also, I am in love with the new Anti-Vehicle Rocket Launcher (or AVRiL), which is great for taking out the Raptors. I do wish they left the Enforcer in the game instead of the Assault Rifle, taking people down with dual Enforcers was very stylish. Apparently there are more modes not included in the demo, like Last Man Standing, Domination, Invasion, and Mutant. The first two were fun in UT, and I guess the second two are from UT 2003, but I never played it.

What's more, the game looks great. My PC is sluggish with Vice City (although that also may have to do with my ghetto CD drive), but it's fine with the demo, even after enabling foliage and other details. All in all, I think this is gonna be a fantastic game. It's scheduled to come out March 16, and I cannot wait.

No comments: