Friday, February 27, 2004

welcome to black mesa

I was originally going to post this as a comment to the Tournament mentioned in Justin's Blog, but it got too long. So here are my prediction as to who will win the Title Fight.

Alright, this is gonna be tough to predict, but here goes. Some of these look like they're gonna be close, although others should be no contest.

For HELL I'm predicting a close battle between Doom and Everquest, with the latter unfortunately probably winning due to all the addicts.

In the STADIUM, I think whoever wins between Punch Out and Mario Kart 64 will win win that one. Personally, I think Mario Kart will win, although I think Punch Out should. Soul Caliber beats Tony Hawk but then loses to Mario.

In ARCADE, the possibility is there for Tetris to upset Pac-Man, but that probably won't happen. Sadly Super Mario Bros. 3 will beat SFII, and then will continue on to beat PM.

Vice City beats Mega Man, then Metal Gear Solid. The Sims takes down SimCity 3000, then Civ3. Due to how recent it is I think Vice City defeat the Sims in LIBERTY CITY.

Zelda takes down Pokemon no problem, unless all the 10 year olds votethen beats Myst. FF7 over Chrono Trigger, then Grim Fandango. I don't see how Zelda could not win HYRULE, even against Final Fantasy VII.

AZEROTH looks like the toughest bracket to me. First of all, I think the Starcraft vs. Red Alert first-round matchup is rediculous, RA should be a much higher seed. However, Starcraft rightfully wins that one, then beats Warcraft. Diablo II beats KotOR (although the possiblity for upset is there), then defeats Baldur's Gate, leading to a tough finale. Nevertheless, I think (and hope) Starcraft will defeat Diablo II for that region.

THE ABANDONED BASE is another touch bracket, and once again I think the Halo vs. Goldeneye matchup is a stupid first round, Goldeneye should also be ranked much higher. Halo over Goldeneye, then Quake. Metroid Prime beats Super Metroid and TIE Fighter before losing to Halo.

Clearly, if anyone but Half-Life win BLACK MESA, this whole tournament is being voted on by a bunch of commies. CS beats RS, then BF 1942 (although it should be UT that wins that one, but that won't happen). But Half-Life wins it all by beating JK2, Tomb Raider, and CS.

Then it gets yucky. To make a long story short:

First Round:
Everquest over MarioKart
Mario Bros. beats VC
Zelda takes down Starcraft
I really want to say Half-Life beats Halo, not sure if this will happen, but I'll say it anyway

Semi-Final:
Mario Bros. 3 over Everquest
Zelda sadly beats Half-Life

Championship:
It's a tough one, but I'll go with Mario Bros. 3 over Zelda by a nose.


*note: this isn't what I want to happen, just what I think will. We all know if I had my way, Half-Life would win it all.

No comments: