Sunday, April 22, 2007

wash your swollen feet

Hot Fuzz: I had pretty high expectations for this movie considering how much I liked Shaun of the Dead, and it didn't disappoint. It was a hilarious mixture of comedy, action, and even a little horror. A great spoof of police, action, and even slasher films. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost once again prove to be a funny leading duo. I don't think I would say it is quite as good as Shaun but it is by far the best movie I've seen all year, and it wouldn't surprise me if it is the best comedy that comes out in 2007.
4 out of 5 Davies.

Grindhouse: Robert Rodriguez's Planet Terror was by far the better of the two features- a hilariously cheesy action/horror movie. The spoof trailers were fairly fantastic as well. Despite Kurt Russel's terrific performance, Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof was a fairly big yawn-fest. I like a lot of Tarantino's film but I think his own ego is his worst enemy sometimes, and Death Proof proved that well with all the self-indulgent dialogue that dragged the movie out far too long. Even the car-chase scene was boring.
3 out of 5 Davies.

Smokin' Aces: Stupid crap.
1/2 out of 5 Davies.

No comments: