Friday, August 18, 2006

no more beating my brains

I think I've finally recovered from the exhaustion of the eleven hour drive back from New Jersey. Thanks again to Tim and Elly for housing, feeding, and entertaining us. I think it's safe to say that we all had a really good time. We got there Friday after a twelve hour trip. Saturday they took us out to the beach at Belmar where we swam. I'm normally not a beach or swimming person, but we had a lot of fun. After that we went to this place that sells Italian ice, which was fantastic. You can get up to four flavors combined, which allows you to make some good mixtures. Sunday we went to New York City, which I hadn't been there since the summer of 2001. We walked all over the place and saw a lot of the sites, including Central Park, Ground Zero, and St. Patrick's Cathedral, where Jess and I went to mass. Monday we were all so tired from all the walking that we just hung out. We swam at the pool at Tim and Elly's apartment and played poker and Apples to Apples that night. Tuesday night we went back into NYC to see Monty Python's Spamalot. If you ever have to go see a musical, see this show. It's a stage adaption of Holy Grail written by Eric Idle, and it was absolutely hilarious. Definitely my favorite show that I've seen. Then Wednesday was the long return trip home.

---

Justin got my hopes up last week with the announcement that Alice in Chains is going on tour again and playing in Cleveland Novemeber 9th. If anyone has even the slightest interest in going, please let me know. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning. I'd be happy to drive.

Edit: Sweet, Dougie's going to be my concert buddy again and go with me. We're probably going to copy off Justin and see the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame while we're up there to. And now Joe's going too.

No comments: