Tuesday, August 01, 2006

same old trip it was back then


Jess and I drove down to Georgetown with Rob and Jen on Saturday to watch the first day of Bengals training camp. I'd never been to training camp before, and it was a good time. We had fun watching the practice. I was most interested in seeing the condition of Palmer's knee, and I have to say that the reports of his progress are not exaggerated. He wears a big brace on the knee but he was moving all over the place in the drills, taking drops and rolling out to throw on the run. I think the biggest test is going to be how it holds up when he starts to take hits. Even though he'll take hits in camp, it probably won't be till the preseason that we'll really see how well it holds up. I have a hard time thinking that the guys in practice aren't going to be hesitant to hit him as hard as they can, but another team will give it the true test. I took some pictures with the camera Jen brought, but apparently the camera doesn't like zooming in that far because they turned out kind of blurry for a digital camera. I guess I'm just a bad photographer.

No comments: