Friday, August 25, 2006

transmissions from a lonely room

I sent Pfc. Jason Burkee an email a few days ago, and I got a response from him today that I thought I'd share:

Hey Dave,


Nothing to exciting going on here. I am in the
Ramadi area. Living the Dream...? Not really, I
would say the best way to describe my situation would
be frequent bordem, highlighted with quick stints of
violence.

The truck in front of me was hit with an IED a
couple weeks ago. I lost my squad leader. That was
pretty tough. The other day a car bomb went off at
the Iraqi Police station. We have been in one or two
actual fire fights. We are not in the city though we
are outside the city.

On a happier note, school is done this year? thats
cool. How did it go. Did you have any more liberal
slanted classes were you had to regulate? :) Is the
apartment you are moving into in the same area?
Better? That will be cool. One of the guys bought an
x-box 360 have you tried it yet? Thoughts on it?
It's not bad, can't wait for Halo 3. The Playstation
3 who wants to pay that much for a system?

Where are you thinking of working next? Maybe
another place with nagging callers. :) Well I got to
go. I will talk to you later. I miss you guys.


Your Friend

Jason

No comments: